Through the generosity of our donors, we’ve been able to award the following grants.
2020 GRANTS AWARDED TO DATE
In 2020, we have awarded $8,000 in grants to date.
- A grant of $5,000 was awarded to the Nicollet Fire Department to go towards a UTV.
- To support the need for meals in our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, $3,000 was given to the Food Program.
2019 GRANTS AWARDED
2018 GRANTS AWARDED
2017 GRANTS AWARDED
2016 GRANT DISTRIBUTION
In 2016, we had the opportunity to award over $13,000 to the community!
- $10,000 was donated to the City of Nicollet for a “Welcome to Nicollet” sign along the new Highway 14. Watch for updates in the future.
- A grant of $250.00 was awarded to the Children’s Museum.
- $2,000 was donated to the Nicollet Ice Rink, including improvements to the warming house.
- From the Education Endowment Fund, $250 funded the MSU Theater Group visitation with K-4 students from Nicollet Public School, Trinity and Immanuel.
- $500 was awarded to the Nicollet Chamber of Commerce for a pass through donation.
2015 GRANT DISTRIBUTION
In 2015, the GNACF again received a $2,500 cash donation and a matching $2,500 from the J.A. Wedum Foundation. These contributions, along with an additional $2,500 allowed the Foundation to continue to give back to the Greater Nicollet Area by awarding grants to the following recipients:
- $2,500 was awarded to the Nicollet Public School Booster Club to help facilitate the NPS 100th anniversary celebration.
- Partnering with Hewitt Lifts and Roll-A-Dock, the Foundation donated $1,300 to purchase an all-purpose welder for the ag/industrial arts shop at Nicollet Public High School.
- The Nicollet Fire Department received $1,500 to purchase Air Pacs, hoses and nozzles.
- To support the performing arts, $1,340 was donated to Nicollet Public School to purchase a tuba and leather music folders.
- The Foundation continued to partner with the Nicollet Lions Club and together added wood chips to the Nicollet Green Space Park children’s play area. The Foundation donated $961.
2014 GRANT DISTRIBUTION
In 2014, the Foundation named 3 grant recipients as the result of a $2,500 cash donation and a matching amount from the J.A. Wedum Foundation. The recipients were:
- $2,000 to the Nicollet Public School (NPS) Agriculture/Industrial Arts Department project dedicated to to upgrading equipment and making it OSHA compliant and to address related program improvements in the agricultural department.
- $2,000 to the NPS press box project for its sound system
- $1,000 to the City of Nicollet for the proposed green space park project to improve the volleyball court sand base.