Through the generosity of our donors, we’ve been able to award the following grants.
2019 GRANTS AWARDED
2018 GRANTS AWARDED
2017 GRANTS AWARDED
2016 GRANT DISTRIBUTION
In 2016, we had the opportunity to award over $13,000 to the community!
- $10,000 was donated to the City of Nicollet for a “Welcome to Nicollet” sign along the new Highway 14. Watch for updates in the future.
- A grant of $250.00 was awarded to the Children’s Museum.
- $2,000 was donated to the Nicollet Ice Rink, including improvements to the warming house.
- From the Education Endowment Fund, $250 funded the MSU Theater Group visitation with K-4 students from Nicollet Public School, Trinity and Immanuel.
- $500 was awarded to the Nicollet Chamber of Commerce for a pass through donation.
2015 GRANT DISTRIBUTION
In 2015, the GNACF again received a $2,500 cash donation and a matching $2,500 from the J.A. Wedum Foundation. These contributions, along with an additional $2,500 allowed the Foundation to continue to give back to the Greater Nicollet Area by awarding grants to the following recipients:
- $2,500 was awarded to the Nicollet Public School Booster Club to help facilitate the NPS 100th anniversary celebration.
- Partnering with Hewitt Lifts and Roll-A-Dock, the Foundation donated $1,300 to purchase an all-purpose welder for the ag/industrial arts shop at Nicollet Public High School.
- The Nicollet Fire Department received $1,500 to purchase Air Pacs, hoses and nozzles.
- To support the performing arts, $1,340 was donated to Nicollet Public School to purchase a tuba and leather music folders.
- The Foundation continued to partner with the Nicollet Lions Club and together added wood chips to the Nicollet Green Space Park children’s play area. The Foundation donated $961.
2014 GRANT DISTRIBUTION
In 2014, the Foundation named 3 grant recipients as the result of a $2,500 cash donation and a matching amount from the J.A. Wedum Foundation. The recipients were:
- $2,000 to the Nicollet Public School (NPS) Agriculture/Industrial Arts Department project dedicated to to upgrading equipment and making it OSHA compliant and to address related program improvements in the agricultural department.
- $2,000 to the NPS press box project for its sound system
- $1,000 to the City of Nicollet for the proposed green space park project to improve the volleyball court sand base.