All gifts, large or small, are greatly appreciated and enable the Greater Nicollet Area Community Foundation to become a vital part of the community.
Common reasons for giving:
- To give back to the community
- To establish a personal or family legacy
- To memorialize or honor someone
- Your gift will give back forever. Endowments are for perpetuity.
- To experience the joy and satisfaction of giving back to your community.
There are many ways to donate to the Greater Nicollet Area Community Foundation:
- Cash Donation – gifts of cash are eligible for charitable deduction in the tax year it was donated.
- Gift of Grain
- Gift of Securities
- Gift of Real Estate
- Gift of Life Insurance
- Gift of Real Estate while retaining life estate
- Appreciated Stock – donors are eligible for a tax deduction on the fair market value of the stock. Donors can avoid capital gains tax by donating their stock.
- Beneficiary of wills or trusts
- A percentage of IRAs, 401ks or other retirement plans
It is always a good idea to contact your accountant and attorney prior to donating a large sum of money.
How your gift will give back to the community:
Grants are given each year from endowment fund proceeds. Grants are typically given to address community needs in one or more of the following areas:
- Education – projects, programs, life-long learning, scholarships
- Culture – celebrations, events, programs, projects
- Recreation – parks, activities
- Aesthetics – projects to enhance and beautify the community
- Civics – efforts or projects that serve the public interest and good
- Social Services
- Economic Development
- Health and Welfare